LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arunima Saha   17 December 2016

Removal of husband's name from aadhar card of separated wife

I got married in 2013 and was forced out of my matrimonial residence in early 2014. Soon my husband filed for divorce on grounds of cruelty. He is all set to lose the case. But I know he and his parents will never allow me to enter my matrimonial house.

In Dec 2013 I had enrolled for my AADHAR card which contains my husband's name. But now since I am destined for life-long separation from my husband, I want to remove his name from my AADHAR card and keep only "daughter of" (my father's name). Is it possible for a separated (but not divorced) woman to remove her husband's name from AADHAR card? If not, is it possible to get a court order to remove a deserting husband's name from AADHAR card without getting legally divorced? I have SMS, emails, postal letters and other evidences which confirm desertion.

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 December 2016

Isn't it same query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=145232

Pls continue in one thread.

Sachin (N.A)     17 December 2016

Dear Arunima Saha ,

There is no legal compulsion that you cannot use your fathers name instead of husband name, But point is whether there is option to CHANGE NAME OF HUSBAND TO FATHER NAME in aadhar card website or not.

You should check this in any adhaar enrolment center or website

Arunima Saha   17 December 2016

No, there is no option to change name of husband to father name in AADHAR card website. In AADHAR enrolment centre, husband's name can be removed only on producing certified divorce certificate or death certificate.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2016

Query is on fact and not on law

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2016

Query is on fact and not on law

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     18 December 2016

you can change but subject to decree from the court.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2016

The way out has been shown in your same query, at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=145232  

Pls continue in one thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register