Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

praveen kumar   11 January 2017

Remarriage - person has not got degree from the court

Hello Experts ,

I am a divorcee . I got legally seperated from my partner and having a degree from the court .

Recently my marriage fixed . Later on her parents informed that they do not have a degree from the court but they have an agreement duly signed by boy and girl both mentioning that they are getting seperated with the signature of both . They did not go to the court to get a formal divorce so far .

Upon asking , they informed that they will get a degree from the court soon . But now girl's parent are saying that they girl's ex has shifted to dubai and it will not be possible for them to approach court for getting a formal degree from court .

There affidvit seems to be genuine . However , I am in confusion if I should go for this marriage or not .

Kindly give suggestion . Also let me know what can be the risks associated with it in case if proceed with the marriage ,

Regards;

Raj

Learning

2 Replies

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     12 January 2017

You should insist for the formal court decree, duly certified one for that matter. The rest, the settlements and affidavits are good for nothing. Unless she got court certified divorce decree, she is a legally wedded wife of her husband and marrying her is an offence.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : praveen kumar
Hello Experts ,

I am a divorcee . I got legally seperated from my partner and having a degree from the court .

Recently my marriage fixed . Later on her parents informed that they do not have a degree from the court but they have an agreement duly signed by boy and girl both mentioning that they are getting seperated with the signature of both . They did not go to the court to get a formal divorce so far .

Upon asking , they informed that they will get a degree from the court soon . But now girl's parent are saying that they girl's ex has shifted to dubai and it will not be possible for them to approach court for getting a formal degree from court .

There affidvit seems to be genuine . However , I am in confusion if I should go for this marriage or not .

Kindly give suggestion . Also let me know what can be the risks associated with it in case if proceed with the marriage ,

Regards;

Raj

Raj,

Marrying such woman will make you adulterer, chances are high that you will do time in jail, 7 years to be precise for marrying a married woman.  Ask her to take divorce and then marry her.  The affidavit etc divorce is not legal.

She has to apply for divorce in family court and take divorce decree.

Skip marriage to this woman, find someone else, lots of divorcees, lots of options these days.  Dont waste your time on this woman would be my suggestion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register