Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arpana   25 January 2016

Relieving letter

Hi,

I joined a company in Aug'2015 which got acquired by a giant in the very next month. The conditions were not favorable as expected. now i am leaving the company after 4 months. I have written a resignation letter which got accepted and the relieving date is also suggested by the management which before the date i quoted in the email. I have to join some other organisation and these guys give a formal resignation letter after 15 days of relieving date. now my concern is they can spoil my relieving letter as i do not share a good rapport with my immediate boss. he is also the head of the department and there is no second level above or below him. the hr and the higher management sits in the corporate office which is located somewhere else.

Regards

Arpana

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 January 2016

The query is not drafted properly so as to indicate what exactly do you want.

However:

1. If the company that employed you has been taken over then if you have not accepted any chagneg in service conditions  then you need to issue notice of resignation as per notice period inserted in appointment letter issued to you.

The management can not accept notice of resignation before expiry of  notice period/LWD issued by you.

If the management issues LWD before expiry of notice period tendered by you nit has to tender notice pay for shortfall in notice period, subject to acceptance by you.

2. The notice period is part of service conditions and is governed by various enactments that apply to establishment/employee. An able Labor Law Consultant can update you on it.

3. You must get offer letter with date as next date from LWD in past employer so as to avoid any break in service.................................and flexibility to join on the strength of copy of notice of resignation alone as employee can't supply service certificate,relieving letter,FnF statement,salary slips,Form16 etc until these are supplied by employer to employee.

4. You may download all tasks perfromed,perfromance date,appreciations,awards,rewards etc and also that NO tasks are pending at your end.

Build rapport with Boss and apply your skills to get relieved at a happy note.

If no stinkers and SCN was ever issued to you then you may have valid points to contest adverse comments in reliving letter/BGV etc.

If you are unable to handle on your own entrust to your counsel.

arpana   25 January 2016

Hi Kumar, Thanks for the reply. 

please find below the resignation letter and the reply from the HR.

Dear Sir,

I would like to step down from my roles and responsibilities of a Sr.  Conference Producer in your company as I am getting a better opportunity.

Per the policy, I should be serving 1 month notice period. However, would request you to kindly reduce the notice period( to 31st of Jan’2016) as it will not be worth taking up a project and not completing the same. I will be grateful for the same.

During my notice period, I will do full justice to the working hour in the way  management wants.

Looking forward to your consideration and support. 

Reply from the HR

Dear Arpana,

Your resignation is accepted after discussion with your reporting manager. Your last working day can be 27th Jan 2016 subject to complete handover and HR documentation.

Now there are certain things which i would request you to look into

1. i have received the relieving letter from my previous company( which got acquired) and joining letter from my current company ( the one which acquired)
  2. i wanted to leave on a gud note and have done what ever possible for the same. however my immediate boss and the head of delhi division is not a gud person and has tried all possible ways of proving to the top management that we the acquired team, are worthless.
  3. as you may now have read that i produce conferences, i have executed a successful conference single handedly giving good revenue. Now this man has isuess over this too because the performance doesnot second to what he is tried to portray to the higher authorities. 
  4. most importantly, when i resigned, no one tried retain me or felt like calling or acknowledging the same. the conditions were worst and the person who got his company acquired was not around since october mid, so i vented out the situation over an email to him. i wrote it to him that i am compelled to resign. 
  5. Now he has taken up the matter with the MD of new company.
  6. seeing the incidences, i fear whether these guys will give me the relieving or not.

looking forward to your help.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 January 2016

There is no change in my response.

Download the revenue generated single handedly.

You have already written to new management by email.

Still your resignation has been accepted.

The HR wants ONLY 'complete handover and HR documentation'...................that you may do.

If there is any negative or untruthful insertions in relieving/BGV you may contest it.

If you are unable to handle on your own entrust to your counsel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register