LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KECEES (seaman)     09 May 2013

Reissue of passport with address change

My current passport is due for expiry and needs to renew.I have a change of address.I have required supporting documents for new address where im living for past 3 yrs(postpaid phone,Gas,Bank Passbook etc etc).I want to apply in tatkaal scheme.However last time it took 4 months for verification and 6 months to receive passport after a million walks in and out of passport centre.
My query is will there be only one verification in my new address or will there be police verification in both my new and old address which will consume a lot of time ? I want to avoid all this delay what happened last time.Please advice.

Learning

6 Replies

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     12 September 2013

not at all sir, you will get passport in one day provided three address proof is exactly matching with the new address..no spelling mistakes..same door numbers..

you can very well apply in tatkal..not an issue..this time no need to run..u get the passport first..then comes the police verification..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 September 2013

not a legal query. contact passport office.

Dharmesh Teraiya (Advocate)     28 March 2016

You are living new address since last three years so no need to show old address proof.

you will get police inquiry of only new address.

best of luck

Archit Uniyal   16 April 2020

Hi,
This article has the answer to your query. You may give it a read.
https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/How-to-change-your-address-in-important-Identity-Proof-Documents-11205.asp

Thank you.
Archit

kinsey locke   04 October 2022

Thanks for sharing information. I have to go through passport procedure as well but firstly I need cheap essay writing service in order to complete my other tasks that are on pending. I guess student life is so difficult because you are up to so many things at a time. 

James Anderson   09 November 2023

Renewing your passport can indeed be a process, but you're wise to plan ahead. In the Tatkaal scheme, the goal is to speed up the passport issuance process. but, the extent of police verification can vary based on your specific situation and the policies in your region. Here are a few general points you should consider:

1. Single Address Verification: Ideally, if you provide all the necessary supporting documents for your new address and your police verification was completed during your previous application, there might be a chance that only one verification at your new address is required.

2. Updated Policies: Passport issuance policies can change, so it's advisable to check the latest guidelines on the official passport office website or contact the passport office directly. They can provide you with the up-to-date information regarding the verification process.

3. Contact Passport Office: If you have concerns about potential delays, it's a good idea to contact the passport office where you plan to submit your application. They can give you specific details about the current procedures and provide guidance on how to minimize processing time.

4. Professional Assistance: If you want to ensure a smooth process, you might consider consulting with a passport agent or professional who is familiar with the current procedures. They can guide you through the application process and will help you out. Or on an urgent basis, you can visit: dygreencard.com

Remember, specific requirements and procedures can vary, so obtaining the most accurate information directly from the relevant authorities is crucial. Good luck with your passport renewal!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register