LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev   13 October 2017

Registering a will

Hi All, This is regaridng registering a will. Say if person A lives in Delhi and is a permanent resident of Patna. Person A has property in his name in Delhi and Patna. Can the person A register a will in Delhi? What would be the advantanges of registering the will in Delhi/Patna.

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     13 October 2017

Yes. In case of WILL the law is liberal. There is no hard and fast rule in this regard.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     14 October 2017

There is no compulsion to register a WILL.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     14 October 2017

There are no advantages or disadvantages as registeration of will is not mandatory. Will can be written on plain paper.

Sanjeev   15 October 2017

Thank you for your reply.

I can now understand that a will can be registered in any court and in any part of India and in any court of law.

Thank you all very much for the guidance.

May I request Shirish to let me know about the following-If the will be done on any piece of paper and not registered in the court of law then the opponent may say that the will is fake and challange it in the court of law but if the will is registered in the court of law when the person making the will is present in front of the court to make the will then it cannot be called fake in future or it's genuiness cannot be challanged in the court of law in future when the person making the will is not longer available.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register