Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajan   03 July 2017

Regards single status certificate from india.

Respected Sir / Madam, Am ABC, from India. Currently am working in Out of India, Since 1 year plus. Am Planning to marry the foreigner girl . For this I need Single Status Certificate from India. As per other country rules, for Indian need Single Status Certificate from India to marry foreigner . Is there any police verification in India about this Certificate? like Asking my parents or going to my house??? Please guide on this. I have a case in India like IPC 417 and 420. Thank you

Learning

4 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     03 July 2017

Well, yes, you will have to ask for your parent's assistance in order to issue a single status certificate from India.

You will have to sign an affidavit stating that you are single, with other details including your address and identity like Voter's ID, Aadhar Card, passport, birth certificate, as well the details/proof of your parents which would include their voter's id, aadhar card etc.

Remember, the affidavit will not solely require a sworn statement by you, but also by your parents (stating that you are single.)

You'll need to seek the assistance of civil court, DM, or SDM to issue you such affidavit. Then you'll have to get such affidavit attested from the Ministry of External Affairs.

I would, of course, stress upon the fact that none of this is going to be easy, considering you have a criminal case still pending against you and at the top, you seem to be absconding. I'd suggest that you get in touch with a learned Indian advocate who can best guide you as to your options.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 July 2017

It shall be better to approach a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/civil matters.............

Rajan   04 July 2017

Thank you for Replay, --> If I can apply / My parents can apply in my home town court, In court they will check my Criminal Case / my Background things like Case , My House Address Verification, Education Background etc. --> Court can give order to Police to verify my History . That time My family get any Problem?? --> if My Passport number is in Embassy in India. If i come to India, Police can caught me in Indian Airport?? Please guide me the Experience Lawyer in this Case. Thank you

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 July 2017

Your parents can inquire and find the very able lawyer at their location.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register