Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Navpreet Singh Tung   21 January 2017

Regarding the rule of open combined merit for recruitment

Hello,
I would like to know what is the rule for open combined merit list for recruitment means only SC,ST,BC can be included in open merit as per their marks in written exam or other categories can be included like exserviceman,freedom fighter,sportsperson etc as per their marks in open merit. I applied in sportsperson category in punjab government department.Sportsperson category merit is based on sports certificate grade,not on the basis of written exam marks.I could not get selected in sportsperson category but i got more marks in written marks which made me to be selected in open merit. Whether I am eligible to be selected in open merit as per my marks in written exam inspite of applied in sports category? I will be highly grateful for this.
Regards, NPT

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 January 2017

When you can be selected on your scoring in open competition, where is the scope for further doubt ?

Navpreet   22 January 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your kind email.Well,punjab government department is saying only SC,ST,BC can be selected in open merit,not any other category.I am from sports category.As per department,I am not eligible for open merit.If as per rule and law,I am eligible,I am going to file a case against the department.I have doubt about my eligibility for open merit.

Can you please clarify on this.

Regards,

NPT

kishore Babu m   23 January 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am from Karnataka, in the state there was a recruitment for Engineers in the power department, which included all BESCOM,CESC,HESCOM,KPTCL,GESCOM(all energy sector dept coming under KPTCL), but the thing here is people were allowed to apply for only 1 of the above mentioned and exam was simultaneously conducted for  at the same time . firstly when the whole world recuits based on merit, here in india we along with merit, there is reservation factor,now with this peculiar way of recruitment in Karnataka, here again luck factor matters, if the person applied for particular region had no competition, he will be easily selected comparede to other region, same thing happened with me, and i lost the gazetted job, since i had no luck, can i bring the stay on recruitment process..plz reply

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 January 2017

@navpreet

Contact a good and sincere Advocate and challenge such improper notification through writ as immediately as possible.  When you figure in merit list as others, they should not consider such quota alone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register