Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Syste)     11 January 2012

Regarding-relieving notice period.

Hi Gentleman,
Its urgent i am in deep trouble.
I was working in Private company for more than a year. Recently, i got the offer from other company paying much better salary.

So i put the paper and 
I have resigned on 5th JAN 2012 my reporting Manager and HR have told me to serve 90 days notice period which I could not comply since I need to join the next organization with 45 days. I have given my word to them that I would be joining them in next 45 days as the people who resigned recently in same project served the period mentioned and got relieved.

In my offer letter it is mentioned 90days and after that the policy got revised to 30 days.but they are telling it depends upon the candidate.

kindly, help me in getting Relieving documents.

Thanks & Regards

Raj.... 

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 January 2012

First get copy of the revised policy of the current employer reducing the notice period to 30 days and check if it is addressed to all employees, or selected employees, or it is a circular etc. If it is circulated by email and your official email is mentioned in the address bar then it is applicable to you.

The contention of your manager, and Hr executive is false and they do not frame any policy. They simply want to deny the benefit of new policy to you.

Obtain offer letter on proper letter head of the company preferably signed by Head-HR of propective employer, with date of joining, package offered with detail of salary, descripttion of job offerred, designation, location, and a confirmation whether you have to sign a service agreement/bond or not etc....Submit a written communication that you shall be in a poistion to submit copy of resignation, POD only and can submit work experience/service certificate, relieving certificate, acceptance of resignation if and only if and as and when received by you from your currrent employer.

Then only you may submit notice of resignation with effective date of resignation clearly mentioned in it , addressed to your appointing authority, MD, Head-HR, and mention to whom you should submit company property, and handover the charge.

Raj (Syste)     12 January 2012

Hi Kiran Thanks for the instant reply.The revised plicy is they sent officeal mail to all the associates. the matter is below.

Dear associates,

As per the current terms of employment and exit policy of the organization, an associate is required to serve three months of notice upon resignation.

The above notice period clause is being amended from three months to one month with immediate effect (Nov 1, 2010).

Consequent to the above-mentioned change, associates serving the notice shall not avail Privilege Leave (PL) during the notice period.  Any unavailed leave will not be adjusted against the notice period.

This change will not apply to associates who have resigned prior to Nov 1, 2010.

Regards,

Team HR

And i have tyhe confirmation letter and this mail copy also is thr .And still in our company portal is saying only 30 days.

Please provide me u r E-mail Id : i will send all my details and documets .

This is my id: bezawadachowdary13@gmail.com.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2012

I am not Kiran.

Probably you want to invite some other person for discussion.

However if you are an associate of the company, and your email id is in the address bar of the official email reproduced in your post and if you have the copy and printout of the policy from portal of the company your notice period stands to be 30 days.

It shall be appropriate to address your notice of resignation to good offices of your appointing authority, MD, Head-HR, Company Secretary and enclose copies of the email and policy at portal and mention the effective date of resignation as 30 days from date of notice, hence notice period of 30 days.

You may mention that HR personnel name............designation........... and reporting manager name........designation.............have wrongly pointed out verbally that notice period is ........90 days and good offices are requested to issue instructions to relieve you as per applicable period of notice of 30 days thus on effective date of resignation mentioned by you and arrange to take charge, company property, and settle your a/c and disburse the FNF statement and payment, work experience/service certificate, relieving letter, form 16, PF accumulation reports, NDC/NOC etc within effective date of resignation. You may also mention that you are willing to cooperate and train any designated employee within and up to your effective date of resignation, and routine work may be assigned to you keeping in view your effective date of resignation. You can mention that since verbal communications can lead to more confusion, inconvenience, hence minutes may be recorded and subsequently all communications may be issued by letter under seal and signature by regd/speed post only. From your side you may minute all discussions.

Raj (Syste)     12 January 2012

You are absolutly correct Kumar.I was mentioned the wrong name it was to you only.

Now the thing is i spoke to the GLObal HR head he is alos saying same thing and he said OK i will speak with Hr and let you know so like that he is postpone. already 6 days over on my resignation.

So please provide me the final solution . whether i need to approach the same person once agin or shall i inform to the situation to my future company?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2012

Submit your representation in writing addressed to the  good offices.

Include the name of this Global HR also, in the list of your representations.

Minute everything.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register