LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debanjan Roy   13 November 2018

Regarding prior permission to apply another govt. job

I am working under State Govt. of Assam as a permanent employee for last two years although I belong from West Bengal. The present employer is not giving permission to apply for another state govt. job or central govt. job. He has said verbally "you may resign and apply". I have NPS Account. What should I do to apply without getting his permission? Can I  apply as a fresher by not showing that I am already a state govt. employee? If yes, then what I have to do with my present NPS account if I get selected for the new job?

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 November 2018

What is your rank/designation ?  Have you a recognized Union/ Association?  Who is the competent party to permit?   Have you tried to meet superior over such unwilling official and requested him for permission ?  Was all this oral or communicated in writing? What is the rule in NPS on such refunds?  Who is the custodian of NPS ?  Have you sought guidance from other colleagues and Gazetted officers' association etc?  

In what way litigation or issue of law is involved in this matter of employer not giving permission?

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 November 2018

Which job you are  applying for? What is the mode of recruitement? In the present days, recruitements to State and Central Government are through State PSCs, UPSC, Staff Selection Commission etc. No permission is required for appying for such jobs nor it requires to be routed through proper channel. All that is required is to intimate the Head of Office in the prescribed manner. You may get the rquisite information in this context from administrative circulars or even make use of the RTI route.

Debanjan Roy   13 November 2018

I am working as a Stenographer in a district court of assam. District Judge is the employer who is rejecting the application of prior permission to apply for any post of other departments. the same thing is happening with employees also who want to apply in other departments. there is lack of availability of stenographers in assam specially in judicial departments and that may be the reason for denying the permission. the previous DJ wrote "you may resign and apply" in writing in the application submitted by me and the present DJ verbally rejects the applications for exam permission. May be there is verbal instructions from the high court for rejection of applications like this. If, somebody protests against this then he/she will be transferred to another place which is very remote area. So, Nobody will challenge the DJ. I am going to apply for Steno post of SSC, but there may be an option in the online application form "whether are you a govt. employee?" I want to know what should I tick? Yes or No. I will not get the permission for applying for the said post and I am sure about that. Can I apply as a fresher and tick the 'No' opition in "whether  are you a govt. employee"? Then, what will have to do with the present NPS account in case of selection as I will resign directly from the present post?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 November 2018

Donot conceal any information.

Put up your application in writing to DJ for necessary order and forward an advance copy to SSC, no one can stop you from applying for another appointment of "higher" grade.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register