LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Tandel   04 April 2020

Regarding maintainance charges

Dear sir I am staying in my real sister flat in housing society. Since there are different maintainance charges in housing society for owners and rentals.. Which maintainance charges are applicable to me under housing society by laws?

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 April 2020

Contact other Societies or take guidance from the Secretary on such interpretation in bye laws.  The fact is that you are not owner and as such not entitled to claim any benefits as owner.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 April 2020

The posting suggests deeper issues. Please post material facts.

Manoj Tandel   04 April 2020

Dear sir, There is no other deeper issue.. Issue is in our society owners maintainance is 1500/- per month and rental maintainance is 2500/- per month.. Also in bylaws there is no mentioned of rental maintainance for real brother. I am in argument with society, since I am staying in my real sister flat with our parents, society should not charge me rental maintainance. I am staying with my sister approval in writing since she stay out of India.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 April 2020

1. You as blood brother of your sister are entitled to stay in Sister's Flat, without paying anything extra, other than the regular maintenance charges.

2. It would be a criminal offence to disconnect Electricity & Water & other Services to the Flat, for ANY reason, whatsoever & whichsoever.

3. Visit the following link for asnwers to most of your questions:

https://chshelpforum.com/non-occupancy-charge

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2020

Since you are residing in your own sister's flat without any rental payment or agreement or in the capacity of a caretaker during her absence in the country, you cannot be charged with the maintenance amount that is charged for the tenants.

You can issue a legal notice to the society if they demand excess payment and pull them to consumer court for the court to decide on the issue. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register