LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

reni parekh   02 November 2015

Refusal of property share by my society

I lost my father in 2004 we brought flat in 1998 in co-operative housing society.we re unable to pay the flat maintenance now our maintenance is almost 2,00,000rs we want to sell the flat and leave from here.We asked the society allow us sell our flat and what money we get from selling the flat we pay you the maintenance from that but for now please transsffer the flat on my mother's name but society isn't cooperating I wanted to know what to do in such situation.Plus society people have been following us wherever we go they keep on stocking us including our relatives stock and wherever we go they are harassing us to leave our flat.flat was brought with my dad's money and no investment by them.But still harassing us to leave our flat since e got it.I need to know what to do in such situations.Please do reply ms reni parekh.Need urgent help and need good and reasonable lawyer too.

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     02 November 2015

Madam,

Since you have not paid the maintenance bills of the Society and are a defaulter, the Society may not transfer the share certificate unless the pending bills are paid.

The best course open for you is to take help from an Advocate or a reputed estate broker from your area.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 November 2015

Search for a vendee, get the deal finalised and execute documents in favour of the vendee.

The society has no role till this stage, however, at the time of handing over possession to the vendee, you shall have sufficient funds from the sale proceeds, pay the arrears of maintenance to the society and hand over keys to vendee.

alternatively---

You may ask for earnest money (Bayana) from the purchaser which should cover outstanding amount of maintenance of the society, clear it in one go and take "No Dues Certificate".

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register