LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishor   06 June 2017

Refund of fees from nursery school

Hi, I went to one of the nursery school Kandivali branch on date 5th May 2017 for inquiry of nursery admission. On same day I have given cheque of 15000 . I received admission form and advised to fill it and submit with some photographs of my daughter. Meanwhile due to some uncertainties we have neither filled the form nor submitted the same to branch. Now due to some issues we are not able to take admission of our daughter. In the same context I am requesting for refund of 15000. School is not agree to refund the amount. I have submitted written request to them as well, after that the owner called me and rejected for refund. I have recording of that call as well. What can I do to get my fees refund?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 June 2017

Move to District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum in a complaint.

1 Like

Kishor   07 June 2017

but i heared that consumer court doesn't interfere in the school fee refund process, is it true ?

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     07 June 2017

Yes, S.C has ruled in slp(civil) no22532/12 titled as P.T.Koshy & others vs Ellen Charitable Trust & others, that education is not a commodity and educational institutions are not providing any kind of services therefore in matter of admissions, fees, etc ,there cannot be question of deficiency of services.such matters cannot be entertained by consumer Forum.
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 June 2017

The question involved is administrative and does not involve any issue as to education or its quality. As such, the ratio laid down by the Apex Court in P.T.Koshy & others vs Ellen Charitable Trust & others could be distinguished.

Kishor   07 June 2017

Thank you all for your answers.

This case has been settled with the intervention and request from Police dept.

Thank you for your help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register