LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhijit Das   13 September 2017

Refund issue with makemytrip

I had a hotel booking with MakeMyTrip(MMT) which I cancelled on 3rd Sep, 2017. As per MMT they have refunded the amount on 3rd only. However as confirmed by my bank, I am yet to get the refund amount. Even after several complaints, mails & calls I am yet to hear anything from MMT. Everytime I am calling them they are raising a request and asking me to wait for 72 hours. Even after escalations they are not responding. Please suggest what should I do. I have the mails & bank communications with me. I have also furnished the bank's confirmation & statement with MMT for quick redressal.

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Friend (Assistant Manager - Legal)     14 September 2017

Have to ever quoted them that you are planning to go to consumer forum for this.!!! Just mention is sufficient many times.

In reality to actually go for consumer forum you will need to go through serving them legal notice, prepare your complaint and wait till it is heard. Which will easily cross 180 days.

Advise: to mention in your email that this is you last intimation and if your complaint is not resolved you will go to consumer forum. Leave it there and approach a lawyer and go for consumer forum.

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     14 September 2017

As rightly suggested above, serve them with a legal notice. If they do not respond in the prescribed time limit, you can move to the district consumer forum and file a plaint along with a copy of the notice you served and proof of non-payment.

Abhijit Das   14 September 2017

I have already mentioned in my last mail two days back that I will complaint to Consumer Forum, but still no response from them. What should I do now? This is a very helpless situation. My bank has confirmed that there is no refund yet. Make My trip is not bothering to answer.

Abhijit Das   14 September 2017

How can I serve a legal notice? I mean what are the steps I need to perform to serve a legal notice. Do I need to appoint a Lawyer?

Advocate Friend (Assistant Manager - Legal)     15 September 2017

Welcome to the lawyers world. Make a visit to lawyer that will take up your case and charge you what is within your budget for the JUSTICE ride.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register