Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dinesh (it-recuiter)     13 February 2015

Rectification in gift deed

Hello sir/madam,

i have a problem with property registration,my grandmother divided and registered her property to three of her daughters ,but they entered incorrect house number we then made a contact to a lawyer near by us.the lawyer is saying it is not possible to rectify as it is registered in 2012  there was a 3 years gap.we took EC in existing number i.e incorrect number showing house registered to three of my grandmother daughters,well the property tax was with  another house number i.e correct number ,and after death of my grand father property was not registered in the name of my grandmother name  that was in the name of my grandfather's .how can i solve this.

Learning

2 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     13 February 2015

Property not registered in your grand monther's name is not an issue here.

Kindly go the sub-registrar office in your area and find out if anything can be done, when did you find out about this error. How come you paid property tax properly?  Atleast by looking at the tax receipt you could have done something. Questions will arise.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 February 2015

Who executed the registered deed in your favor at the time of registration?, The same person can once again execute the rectification deed rectifying the pointed out error in the original deed.  It cannot be barred by any limitation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register