Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinod bansal (lawyer)     04 December 2010

Recovery of mobile from the possession of convict/undertrial

R/Members

As per my knowledge ,Keeping /using mobiles in jail by undertrials or convict persons is an offence under various provisions of jail manual and IPC but i want to add here that there is also provision of solitary confinement/imprisonment ,CHAKKI Punishment i.e. seperation from other prisoners in a special cell of jail.There is also practice/rule of restrictions/cut on the release  of prisoner on parole.Adverse entry is also marked on the prisoner docket/jail card.These powers are usually used by Sessions judge or Jail superitendent.Thanks .  

Learning

2 Replies

Vishwa (translator)     04 December 2010

I do not know why you are posting this message but mobile phones are quite easily smuggled into the prison. There is a slight problem of recharging them but any thing is possible if you grease the right palms. You can also pass on messages through guards by paying them suitable bribe. The jail officers being corrupt themselves and busy with large scale looting from official contracts, food supplies etc, generally overlook these matters. They sometimes conduct sham raids but things go back to normal soon afterwards.

There is nothing wrong in setting up STD booths inside prisons, the prisoners also have mothers, sisters wives etc.

(Guest)

Using of mobiles is no doubt illegal inside prison by the prisoners. But the same shall be seriously looked into by the Government of India and some amendments may be brought to introduce phone calls from a Landline to the prisoners' relatives / advocates, etc., which is humane and also may be permitted under Human Rights laws.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register