LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anita Misra   02 August 2019

Recovery of Stridhan

Respected sir/madam My marriage was solemnised in 2001 We booked a flat jointly from builder in 2003. My husband is central Government employee and told that he will repay half amount of flat by House building Loan from office (govt). Later he told he was denied loan and so my parents paid entire amount till registration in shape of checks/drafts to builder as husband promised to register flat entirely in my name. But I later found that he had been granted loan, registered flat in his name only and mortgaged flat in office for repayment of loan without my knowledge. Now loan has been repayed and flat is free from mortgage since 2016. I have filed cases in Family court and also against Domestic violence since 2013.I want flat back as money was paid by my parents so it should be my STRIDHAN. But as flat is in husband's name (although booking was done in joint name,), no forum is giving me this relief. Kindly help me on law point how to get back my flat. Thanks🙏

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 August 2019

Is there any evidence that your parents paid the money ? If so ask him to give them back. 

Shashi Dhara   02 August 2019

Issue legal notice to him and file suit against him for title and possession with relevant proof that u have financed and he has cheated u and Ur parents.

Anita Misra   08 August 2019

I have proof of amount paid by my parents in shape of draft and cheques to builder and cash to husband's account. I have submitted these in court as petition in Domestic Violence case and also in Family Court. But court is of opinion that as flat is in name of husband I cannot claim it as STRIDHAN. Neither court is giving me relief. Kindly help me with legal advice to get back my flat.

Anita Misra   08 August 2019

I have proof of amount paid by my parents in shape of draft and cheques to builder and cash to husband's account. I have submitted these in court as petition in Domestic Violence case and also in Family Court. But court is of opinion that as flat is in name of husband I cannot claim it as STRIDHAN. Neither court is giving me relief. Kindly help me with legal advice to get back my flat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register