LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (CEO)     13 August 2014

Recovery agents

Some recovery agents from ICICI bank are un necessarily harassing me for some loan taken by my brother which is unpaid. I do not understand how am I responsible for his default.

What is the procedure to deal with this kind of harassment. is there an ombudsman of ICICI where I can lodge a complaint

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 August 2014

As per various publications M/s ICICI bank is indulged in such practices despite court judgments and RBI guidelines.

You may go thru:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.UUc5U0pFZ_4

Discussion > Civil Law > Harrasment by icici banks recovery agents

You may record all calls/visits (audio/visual) and state that you are not borrower and the calling person may call the person to whom Bank has advanced monies and if Bank or its recovery agencies wants to communicate it may send a letter on letterhead under original seal and signature by Redg. post only.

You may also supply a terse communication to BM of local branch near you, Nodal Officer, MD, Chairman of the bank under proper acknowledgment……………………….and if Bank maintains studied silence and does not beg apology in writing you may lodge a complaint with SHO of local police station, SSP, Police Commissioner under proper acknowledgment.

If still you are bothered approach your lawyer.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register