LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ratan   20 December 2014

Reclaiming sold land

I am living in USA since 2005 and resident of Andhra Pradesh state. My Mom and Dad got divorced in 2007. My Dad expired in 2011. My Dad sold 25 acres of inherited land from my grandfather without my or my Mom's consent.The sale transactions happened between 2005 and 2010. I already collected all the pahanees from MRO office and registration documents from sub registrar office. What should be my next step and what are the chances of reclaiming that already sold land? Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     20 December 2014

1. The property sold by your father was ancestral and he could not have done so without the consent of the legal heirs .

2. Your mother being divorced she now cannot  file civil suit for cancellation of such sale deed made by your father which needs to be done by you.  There are  enough merits in your case to have such sale deeds cancelled. 

3. Consult a local advocate for such purpose.

4. If need be for further private consultation get my contact details by clicking my name shown in the L.H.S. margin of this reply format.

s.subramanian (senior partner)     20 December 2014

The ancestral property has been sold solely by  your father. Those sale deeds cannot confer full rights over these properties to the buyer. They cannot affect your legal rights over these properties. You can successfully fight for the setting aside all those sale deeds, All the best,

ratan   21 December 2014

Thanks alot Rohit and Subramanian for your kind replies. I have another question. Please kindly respond. I have gift deed settlement documents on my name dated back to the year 1995 when I was minor in age executed by father and grandmother. This gift deed settlement is for 11 acres of land. Out of this 11 acres 3 acres came from my father's share of ancestral property and remaining 8 acres came from my paternal grandmother's share. I have original copies of this gift settlement document. But this 11 acres were sold to others in year 2007 without my consent. What are the chances of reclaiming this gift settled land? Can the ancestral property be gifted? What is the process I should follow to reclaim the same.Thanks in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register