Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin (sse)     06 June 2011

DV against women

hi

my wife has file false dv case me ,my father,my mother and sister .

can dv case applicable against another women in this case my mother and sisiter ??

Learning

30 Replies

(Guest)

yes.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     06 June 2011

@sachin

DV = Domestic Violence

Literal meaning depicts that it is cruelity meted out by anyone upon a woman. May for that matter be husband, father-in-law or mother-in-law and so on.

Only question remains unanswered is that, when any family member of the girl shouts at her or slaps her when she was unmarried, she does not object or rather is not in a position to protest against such behaviour of her own family. It is thus called as "sanskaar" and a duty to respect elders of family members. However, similar conditions after marriage turns into 'DV'. That's really cruel !!

//peace

/Saurabh.V

3 Like

Patience_Adi (IT Professional)     06 June 2011

Well said Saurabh!!!!!!

(Guest)

Rightly said Saurabh ji,

Parents of a girl are always GOOD in the eyes of law while parents of a boy did the crime of giving birth to a son and are punished for the same. This is the reason why those who have law awareness and hav sons in their family, live in fear all through their life.

If a girl has a male sibling, she also loses all her rights inspite of being a woman!

Parents hav right to go and live with their married daughters whenever they like, but they hav absolutely no right in their married son's house these days.

I am sure those innocent people who faced the wrath of these laws, will always pray for a girl child or will b better off without a child...whats the future of this nation!

2 Like

syed (Branch incharge)     06 June 2011

well said Mr. sachin

syed (Branch incharge)     06 June 2011

Sorry - well said sourabh

(Guest)

I read that under section 2(q) of DV act , domestic voilance case can only be registered againse ADULT MALE IN_LAWS and i guess it cannot be applied to any female member's of the boy;s family

(Guest)

section 2q of DV act 2005 , DV case can only be filed against Male adult members of in-laws family

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     07 June 2011

Originally posted by :Saurabh Vashist
"
Only question remains unanswered is that, when any family member of the girl shouts at her or slaps her when she was unmarried, she does not object or rather is not in a position to protest against such behaviour of her own family. It is thus called as "sanskaar" and a duty to respect elders of family members. However, similar conditions after marriage turns into 'DV'. That's really cruel !!

//peace

/Saurabh.V
"

So what do you think?If a girl is beaten up by inlaws/husband,that is not cruel,and that she shud bear it?

Let's change the scenario.A boy also gets punished by his parents in childhood..but he doesnt retaliate owing to his sanskars.so if his wife and inlaws beat him in future,why does he feel -ve about it?Why does he demand rights to protection against these abuses by participating in so called dharnas?his inlaws are also like his own parents.no?

ABHISHEK B (Bekaaar)     07 June 2011

A very good point brought forth by Roshni ji....something all the men had been praying for so long.....i.e, let the DV be made gender independent.

Roshni ji >> No man or woman would like to be beaten by there spouse or in-laws and neither would anyone want to sit in a dharna.....Only if some well educated woman can convince the judiciary...to Make DV Act gender independent

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     07 June 2011

thanks andy

referring to saurabh's sentences,one more thing crossed me.in almost all indian families, a man is expected to do his duty of sending a part of his salary to his parents, even if they get pension,and even if they have enough money.it is considered his sacred duty.

if they ask for it,it's not termed as extortion;rather their right.but if a separated wife wants money,it's termed extortion and that she shud earn herself.so why dont parents getting pension stop expecting money from their son?why dont they lead their lives with this pension?why dont these sons see it as extortion?

ABHISHEK B (Bekaaar)     07 June 2011

Roshini Ji >> Earning son/daughter giving money to their parent is thing of the past these days in India as well....if India is aping the west on all aspects, I believe, our laws should also be more westernized, where DV act is gender neutral.

Ofcourse, if the spouses are living seperated on consent, its the duty of the earning spouse to take care of the other one, but, what if one spouse on false allegations, tries to extort money from the other earning member ??

Infact the trend in India is...the money of a working woman is her parents....and the money of the working man is to be devided amongst her family, his family, himself, herself...why is that so ?

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     07 June 2011

@Roshni

Firstly, we are not talking about exceptions but reality. How many cases are lodged by males, claiming that they were beaten by their in-laws?? I think cases filed by males would be merely 10 out of 1000. So your earlier comment is baseless and only gives a femenist view not neutral. Moreover, how many different laws are legally available to men and how many are available to women? I think while answering this, your intellect shall be satiated as who is torturing whom and what is cruel!

Regarding you second comment, parents have a sacred relation with their child and they are the ones who brought up the boy since when he did not knew how to speak or how to take care of himself. Also they gave him this life and made it worth living and enjoying and finally marrying a girl. So comparing "parents" with "wife" is foolishness and certainly only a wicked mind could try to compare them.

Wife enters the life of a man when he is standing on his feet and capable of taking decisions of his own. When parents demand support, they really need it as they are old. How many cases can you count for me where wife is above 60 and claiming maintenance?? How can you compare maintenance of age-old parents who are dependent on mere sum of pension than the young lady who has full fledge income??? Abhorrent!!

Alas!! You can bring your own name to justice being in the dark of feminism. Promote equality, promote peace!!

@Andy...

Thanks for your neutral views. I appreciate your unbiased thinking and concern towards elders.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

1 Like

Krishna Kumar (Business)     07 June 2011

Does Parents registering false 498a? 

Does Parents registering false Domestic Violence?

Parents are 60 years age, Wife is 30 years age - does both are same?

Wife (women) has 33% quota + they can competent with other 67 quota also as normal - does parents has?

Parents are almost tired doing the job, does wife is tired?

Giving to Parents is nothing but the duty. When I was in childhood, they had taken care of me. They spend money to give good education, good dress, good food etc., It is my turn to take care of my parents.

But if the unmarried lady termed as Wife, she became owner of the married man. She got every rights even to destroy the full family also. She will leave at home after some days or month – how come she is eligible to get money?

Does anyone refusing to pay maintenance for their child?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register