Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R P KANGANE (SERVICE)     18 December 2008

Whether Blue Dart Courier Delivery Receipt is a valid document for proof of delivery in laws

Hi:

We are sending important communications to our employees by Registered Post. But it has been observed many times that we are not getting the Regd AD Slip due to which we are not having any proof having sent the letter except receipt given by the Post Office.

It is heard that the acknowledgement slip of Blue Court has been considered as a Valid Document for proof of service of document in the eyes of law.

Please share your views on this.

Learning

10 Replies

Tribhuwan Pandey (Advocate)     19 December 2008

Under Rule 5 Order 9 CPC service through courier is also a valid service and hence courier receipt is a valid document.

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     19 December 2008

Courier delivery recepts are valid documents for proof of delivery in law. All the documents left behind with you after service can  keep as proof for service.

Mohan RP Rao (Advocate)     19 December 2008

I do agree with the Tribhuvan as Courier service has been allowed vide Civil Procedure cOde after amendment of 2002 Act.

Regards

mahendra rai jain (advocate)     19 December 2008

i agree with all my friends

SARITA SHIVARAMAN (service)     22 December 2008

Sir,

Legally Courier Receipt is valid and acceptable by Court of Law.

( Sarita Shivaraman )

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     24 December 2008

I do agree with my all friends.

R P KANGANE (SERVICE)     25 December 2008

It came to know that Supreme Court has approved the following courier agencies for the State of Delhi :

DTDC, Blue Line, Overnight, DHL

Is there different courier agencies approved by other courts for different states? Please add to this.

God is Great (Executive)     06 September 2012

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies!!

can anyone confirm the list for Bombay HC or whether service through Blue dart couriers is acceptable by bombay hc.

Please confirm.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

PRATUL PANDEY (SELF)     13 September 2012

In case you did not get an AD back, you could also get a Certificate from Postal Authorities that Letter has been delivered.

But there is time limitation for your put this request with Posta Authorities usuall within 30 days when the letter was despatched . Check with postal authirties on the same

souljah   10 March 2016

I agree with all of you. But Bluedart courier service can't be trusted for Proof of Delivery in accurate manner. Bluedarttrackings shares complete guide for future reference.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register