LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samira mirza (hghg)     09 February 2012

Urgent advice required on property distribution

I belong to muslim family.My mother and father have build propery on there own. we are two sister.So my question is how our property will be divided. is there any other person who have rights on our property.As there is no son?

Learning

5 Replies

RadhikaReddy (LLB Student)     09 February 2012

In case of dying intestate(i.e without any WILL) property can be devolved according to Muslim personal law. In this case if there r more than one daughter, the daughters get 2/3rd share of the property all together, to be divided equally among them, irrespective of the number of daughters. In this case G.F and G.M can become sharers(father's side)

In case ancestors r now alive, then they have a right to give away1/3rd of the property through Will to any persons (other than heirs i.e daughters in this case)..

Pls be clear.. whether ur Father/Mother alive or deceased?

1 Like

samira mirza (hghg)     10 February 2012

thanks radika. my father and mother both are alive.All the property my parents owns are either in name of my mother or father. My grandfather , grandmother both are not alive. So now i need to know whether property of my father and mother will be equally divided between us(me and my sister) or some other leagl heir will be there. Me and my sister both are married and i have a son

RadhikaReddy (LLB Student)     12 February 2012

Since u r 2 daughters, u have right to get 2/3rd of the property together i.e 1/3rd each sister.. There r no other sharers..

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 February 2012

What will happen to the remainder one-third?

RadhikaReddy (LLB Student)     17 February 2012

Her parents are alive.. and there are no other sharers... her parents have the right to bequeath 1/3rd of property to anyone (except heirs).. or it can be inherited equally among these sisters after their parents(in case the remaining share not bequeathed)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register