LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ars (cs)     23 January 2012

Urgent

In a special gen meeting - on the resolution of appointing a PMC out of two, the members vote on show of hands ended in a TIE,- i.e. both got equal votes.

Mebers requested for a poll. chairperson ordered a poll to be taken forthwith. Few mebers presented  their views / comments before poll.

The poll was conducted and the result was announced.

queries :

1. Whether the above procedure was legal ?

2. Is it necessary that on show of hands the  simple majority is required i.e. more thatn 50% votes required in favour of one. AND in the poll the votes casted by ballot should be 75% of the vote casted against. that is the majoity of  special resolution is requried.

3. The members took part in the voting process were less then theose present at the beggining and signed the attendance register, is it o.k.?

4. If the experts are of the opinion that, some of the procedure cited above was in correct or not taneble in law, kindly provide me the right method and strategy to be adopted.

Request to provide detailed answer with rulings, if required. Pl. note that this very urgent.

Learning

1 Replies

ars (cs)     25 January 2012

Now i need a specific reply on my query related to the co-op soc.

- that whether the resolution passed, by way of ballot. in the special general body meeting, need simple (more than 50%) majority or special (more than 75%) majority ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register