LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Responsible Citizen (Personal)     02 November 2010

Salary on Hold by HDFC Credit Card Division

I have my Salary Account in HDFC Bank ,however to my Surprise I get to know that my Salary was blocked by their Credit Card Division due to some Credit Card payment issues which I am not aware of..I have surrendered all my Cards in year 2007 and suddenly from nowhere they have come out and torturing me like this...Please help me out as what can i do in this case and how can I get my salary released by these goons.

Learning

6 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     03 November 2010

At some point of time while issuing the credit card, they might have obtained your signature in the blank form, authorising lien on your salary account. 1. Write to Chariman of HDFC and RBI Ombudsman.2. Change the salary account for future credits with your employer immediately.3. Resolve the credit card issue also on amicable settlement.

Responsible Citizen (Personal)     03 November 2010

Thanks for the reply sir, I had stopped using the Credit Card in year 2007 due to some extra chrages  the bank has levied and had also asked them to let me know one full and final amount to be settled..they never came back...in these 3 years I have even forgotten the Card number and other details..Now the Salary Account has just opened a month back..so I am confused how can they hold an account which was not in existence at the time of signing the Credit Card Form...is it valid and legal..

radha (freelancer)     03 November 2010

As a matter fair practices code bank has to supply the true/certified copy of all forms and documents procured from customers/prospects.</p>

<p>

You may write to the MD/local branch head with all relevant details and obtain acknowledgment from the local branch head under seal and signature, on the copy of your letter, and ask to supply you true copy of all the forms and enclosures obtained from you, say within 7 days by registered post.</p>

<p>

You may mention that your signatures on blank forms were obtained and you had closed the cc account and asked for full and final bill by registered post and ask to supply you the certified copy of the bill and receipt of registered post and proof of delivery.</p>

<p>

You may have to file a case in consumer court.</p>

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     04 November 2010

The Bank can recover its dues even from an account which was not in existance at the time, when the outstanding falls due.

Responsible Citizen (Personal)     07 November 2010

Dear Sir,

My salary is the only living I have for me and my family as I am the only earning member, and bans has already blocked it..I am so helpless ..can i get some relief in someway so that I can get my salary back to feed my family and then can get to talking terms with Bank... Hope you understand what salary is for a salaried person.

I am thinking to go to consumer courts..will it be helpful..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 November 2010

The bank has taken the step.

You may initiate your action as suggested by learned members.

Write to MD of the bank Aditya Puri ,aditya.puri@hdfcbank.com at the registered office address and mention all the relevant details, and mention that you have been willing to pay the principle amount but the bank never supplied you the bills, and ask for the original bills,and certified copy of the documents procured from you including the form signed by you,immediately,and to withdraw the withholding of your salary, immediately.You should highlight the mental tension, harassment,illegal action,unfair practices of the bank.

You can ask for call log data, call recordings, copy of charge slips signed by you .

You have the option of moving Banking Ombudsman, and lodging a complaint with RBI,consumer court.

Your counsel at your location can help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register