LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhojraj Baral (Advocate)     17 January 2009

Revenue Stamps

If a share Certificate is been Issued, What is the Vale of Revenue Stamp to be affixed on a share certificate for a value of Rs 10/- each.

What if Rs 70,000/- Shares is issued in a very same certificate of a private ltd company.

Learning

5 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     17 January 2009

Dear Bhojraj,

You have to pay stamp duty as per the state law in which company's registered office is situated.

With reference to your several querries, mostly you are asking for Maharashtra/Mumbai, so as per my knowledge, in Maharashtra, it is one rupee for every thousand rupee or part there of,  of the value of shares issued, adhehsive stamp or  otherwise impressed stamps  to be used is Rs.1/-.

ramesh (Advocate)     18 January 2009

Dear Bhojraj,

see the link below

https://www.helplinelaw.com/docs/shares/07.php

Solicitor Chirag Shah (Advocate & Solicitor)     19 January 2009

As per the Indian stamp act the Stamp duty is payable on tthe amount for which you have purcased the Shares.

It is 0.75 per 100/-rs of part thereof.

P.C. Joshi (service)     14 June 2012

An Indian company has entered into an agreement with a foreign party for supply of goods by foreign party to the Indian party. The agrement has been made by Indian party on its letter head which has been signed by both the party. 

My query is : Whether the agreement made on letterhead of Indian party is a valid I mean whether it should be executed on the stamp paper and what will be the value of stamp paper.

Looking forward to your response please.

Thanks 

P.C. Joshi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register