Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Polymath GP (Consultant)     18 November 2011

Purchase: thoti service inam land granted to st

Hi,

I am interested to buy a property named Peninsula Palm Ville, Sarjapura, Bangalore, Karantaka, from the developer. The land will be in a gated community & later construction work will start for the villa.

When my lawyer was going through the property paper, he found that the property belong to Schedule Tribe & it was re-granted by Assistant Commissioner in the year 1971, under Thoti Service inam land under section-6 of the Mysore Village Officers Abolition Act 1961, subject to condition that they should not alienate the lands without the prior approval of the AC’s office. The developer has obtained a permission from Tehsildar & purchased the land from legal hiers in 2011.

I’ve following question:-

1. Is it legal to purchase the land from Schedule Tribe, granted under ‘Thoti Service inam land’ ?
  2. Should I purchase this property & in future there will no legal problem ?
  3. Will Bank provide loan on the above property ?

Expert’s opinion is very much awaited & required!

Thanks & Regards,

Gunjan Prasad

Learning

2 Replies

Pendyala Vasudeva Rao (Advocate)     18 November 2011

Wth the permission of the AC your builder can purchase it from the legal heirs of the property.

Polymath GP (Consultant)     19 November 2011

Hi Vasudeva,

Thanks for replying!

The developer has obtained a permission from Tehsildar for purchasing the land in 2011 & purchased the land from legal hiers in 2011. But at the time of re-grant done by Assistant Commissioner in the year 1971 under Thoti Service inam land, AC has mentioned a condition that they should not alienate the lands without the prior approval of the AC’s office. Now the developer is telling that, rule has changed & Tehsildar can issue an order on this kind of land. So I asked the developer to show the order where its mentioned so.

Any suggestion on the above or do you have any clarity whether developer is telling the corect thing!

- Thanks, Gunjan V Prasad Cell: 9945218067.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register