Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Thakker (Executive)     02 June 2011

Property

Respected Advisors,

My name is Paras.I am having question about the property which is in name of my grandfather.Actually its old property and having tenancy system its not a society and rent reciept is in name of my grandfather,However he passed away 31 years back but still we are getting rent reciept in his name and my grandmother passed away 10 years back and she made a will which states that after her death till time one of our aunt is alived she is having right to leave in the said premises however in case of her death it will be own by 4 of her grandsons and no one else.Now my aunt who use to stay there passed away few months back and our landlord also got change.So now how can we get the rent recipet transfer in our name??Is there any need to obtain "No Obejction Certificate" from any of my fathers brother and sister who are alive.So please you expert people help us by giving u r expert opinion.Is there any need for us to give public notice in newspapers.Waiting for u r reply.

Learning

2 Replies

prabhakar singh (advocate)     02 June 2011

It appears your grand father was tenant in prmises,after he passed ,your grand motherremain in occupation who conferred right of occupation to vest in her sister in law throw will,and on her passing away,the house has been tasted to be occupied you 4 grandsons. THIS IS YOUR FACT IF I HAVE UNDERSTOOD IT CORRECTLY.   NOW you say that receipt of paymentof rent has been consistently issued in your grand fathers'name even after his death.And that there are sons of your grandfatherand they are alive.AND ALSO THATSINCE THEN PROPERTY HAS CHANGED HANDS AND NOW SOME ONE NEW HAS BECOME OWNER.

IF POSSIBLE BETTER IF OBTAIN CONSENT AND NO OBJECTION FROM OTHER SONS OF YOUR GRAND FATHER IN FAVOUR OF YOU FOUR.

REPRESENT BEFOR THE NEW LAND LORD TO ISSUE RENT PAYMENT RECEIPT IN FAVOUR OF YOU FOUR IF DISSENTS TO DO SO CONTINUE TO TAKE RECEIPT AS IN PAST.

GIVING ANY PUBLIC NOTICE OF THE FACT IN ANY NEWS PAPER IS NEITHER LEGAL REQUIREMENT NOR OTHERWISE SEEMS TO BE DESIRABLE.

tom joseph (advocate)     03 June 2011

IT HARDLY MATTERS IN WHOSE NAME THE RECEIPTS ARE ISSUED.  FOR SAFER SIDE YOU MAY OBTAIN NOC FROM OTHER GRANDCHILDREN.

TOM JOSEPH, ADVOCATE

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register