Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi (Admin)     18 November 2009

PF & ESI

Hello all,

Can anybody let me know whether PF and ESI are applicable to a Pvt. ltd. co.,(it is neither manufacturing unit nor  IT) wherein 18 employees are working (10 are above  Rs.10 k , p.m and 8 are below Rs.10 k p.m) which is established less than 5 yrs old ?

Thanx in adv.

ravi

Learning

9 Replies

Asha Pole (Legal)     18 November 2009

Incase of P.F, the standard requirement for provident fund is 20 or more employees, however this rule again restricts to certain industry, to get complete info follow this

https://www.epfindia.com/Index.htm

https://esic.nic.in/

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     19 November 2009

No application of EPF Act in the given circumstances.

mahesh pandey (Vice President)     20 November 2009

Not applicable 4 both EPF & ESI.

PRAVIN GHADGE (HR EXECUTIVE)     21 November 2009

hello all,

please tell me the procedure of PF withdrawal.

thanks and regards

Pravin Ghadge 

Vinay Mishra (Advocacy)     26 November 2009

Dear all

Let me know if  an employee leaves the company and we have sent his name in Form-10 of EPF & MP Act 1952 and after 4 or 5 months he rejoins the company again. what will his PF number.

Regards

Vinay

Asha Pole (Legal)     26 November 2009

Ideally speaking these days , pf dues are settled within 3 to 6 months, since the form has already been submitted & the payment is in due. The same p.f number cannot be retained hence the employee has to be allotted a new p.f number as a new joinee.If the employee had filled a transfer form from one company to another, then there would not have been any hassle.

Vinay Mishra (Advocacy)     26 November 2009

Dear All

Let me know about Form No- 11A revised & Form No.-9 of  EPF & MP Act 1952.

Regards

Vinay

Akhil Gupta (Manager-HR)     02 December 2009

Now a days applicability has been changed----

Applicability:Any establishment employing 10 or more persons.
·        Form 9 – Employer need to submit one time when act applicable.(With in 15 days of coverage)
·        Form 11 – Declaration form weather employee was the member of PF scheme earlier or not.

Sunil Agarkar (Consultant and Advocate)     21 December 2009

dear mr. ravi,

i agree to mahesh pandey, but watch out, you are on border line, contact some pf-esi consultant locally, there are other linked issues need to be checked.

remember, having pf - esi code is honorable and good employement practice, even if you are not covered apply for same.

dear mr. akhil gupta,

can you please give me the notification of applicability "Any establishment employing 10 or more persons"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register