LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta (Travel Cousellor)     17 April 2011

Need Urgent Help

Hi ...I am staying wid my parents who are senior citizens in delhi..We had rented our 1st floor to a family on one of our neighbours assurance. Since , they just needed a house for 3mnths , we did not get the police verification and rent agreement made on goodwill. But now , it's been 4mnths and initially dey just paid us 2mnth Security deposit and 1mnth rent and ever since they have not paid any rent and electricity bill. When we asked dem to leave or pay the rent, he started forcing us to give him cash and buy his furniture and other household items. When we denied to pay him , he got adoment and says he would leave the house. Every other day he threatens us  that he's a lawyer and can do anything. I being a girl staying with my old parents feel insecure in my own house. He is not ready to leave the house at any cost. Please help me to get the solution.

Learning

5 Replies

Shweta (Travel Cousellor)     17 April 2011

Thanks for your reply sir.. I just want to confirm that We have not got the police verification and rent agreement done. So.. can we still file a civil suit against them?..Also, please advice if there is any other way we csn get rid of dem?

Harsh (Advocate)     18 April 2011

Hello,

I would be able to assist in your case. You can file a civil suit case for eviction against the tenant. 

You can further contact me on harshmparekh@gmail.com

I am a practicing lawyer in Delhi.

You can contact me on 9971780620. 

Regards,

Harsh Parekh

Advocate

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     19 April 2011

Hi,

Being a criminal Lawyer, I do not know very much more in civil matters, even then if he is a lawyer and threatning you cause of this, then you can complain to the Bar Council of your State and they will take the desciplinary action against him . Bar Councils are very much strict in such type of misuse of being an Advocate . You can compel him for the compromise by the way.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register