LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sangeeta (Govt. Service)     10 February 2012

My advocate ruined my case for stay

In my case of stay, arguments were held.  in which my advocate came without preparation. the queries of the defendant could not be answered by him, whereas we had propert answer of thoses quereies.  Instead of answering the queries of defendant, he insisted that judge should decide the case on that day only.  REsult was that my temorary stay was vacated by the Hon'ble judge, which I think she was fully correct as my lawyer did not show the proof which we had against the defendant.  He did not argued in the court, and just evaded the queries by saying that those were to be discussed on merit.  I am very upset.

how can I change my lawyer.

Learning

4 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     10 February 2012

Just obtain "No Objection" endorsement on vakalath from your advocate and appoint a new advocate as per your choice.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     10 February 2012

he might would have colluded, so better u change the lawyer.

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     11 February 2012

" No objection "from  lawyer is  not  needed just  submit  a petition for   retiring your  advocate   and  sending an intimation   to your  lawyer about your petition  

sangeeta (Govt. Service)     13 February 2012

In my case I filed a police complaint against an illegal builder but police authority did not cooperated with us and persuaded us to take back the compliant.  I took the complaint back and recived the ocpy of complaint return form under RTI Act.  POlice did not took the statment of that illegal builder who was claiming to be the owner of our house.

Afterward circumstances turned and that illegal builder filed a complaint against us stating that he is the owner of our house and we are not letting him entered in his house. 

this compelled us to file a suit agaisnt him and his adds.  In between i received the varified copy of his  complaint under RTI Act.  In court in his WS he totally turned around and said that he has nothing to do with our house and he has unnecessarily been made party to it. I also showed ignorance towards any complaint filed by us while we have proof that he has visit than in relation to complaint filed by us.

My advocate could not property argued, niether he insisted the jduge to see the complaint filed by him udner RTI.  On the other hand he told me that complaint return form will not be used, as we will not say that we took back the complaint.

I would like to ask, whether it was a mistake to take back the complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register