LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ganesh (na)     16 December 2011

Lawyer problem

i hired a lawyer,he took the money and now is not interested in my case.what can i do.somebody told i should contact bar association.but the members in that association are his friends.

Learning

10 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     16 December 2011

Do your home wok properly instead of complaining later.

pervez (adviser)     16 December 2011

Better to handle the matter tactfully by withdrawing the case from him with relevant files.... ..... Lawyer are not exempted and they can be sued before Consumer court for the service deficiency under the Consumer protection act ... regards

(Guest)

Get back the case bundle from the lawyer andget remaining fees for the work done and engage another lawyer of your choice to proceed with.  But this will not apply to all.  under what ground you think the lawyer is not interested? conducting case, or anwereing or not answering  your calls/questions?

Shailendra prasad singh (Lawyer)     16 December 2011

in the  case  of Jacob Mathew  vs. State of Punjab – (2005) 6 SCC 1 (para 18) the Apex Court has held that in law of negligence, professionals such as lawyers, doctors, architects and others are included in the category of persons professing some special skill or skilled persons  generally and a professional may  be held  liable  for negligence on one of the two findings: either he was not possessed of the requisite skill which he professed to have possessed, or, he did not exercise, with reasonable competence in the given case, the skill which he did possess.if there is deficiency in service rendered by the Lawyers, complaint under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 is maintainable. 

A Truthseeker ( A retired Indian citizen)     16 December 2011

i agree with Mr. pervez. uor remedy if needed lies in consumer forum.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     17 December 2011

I agree with Mr. Parvez.

ajay k. gilhotra advocate (advocate)     17 December 2011

You can file a complaint before concerned Bar Association of State level,where disciplinary committee has been made who hear the grievances of cllients against the Advocates.Don,t worry about friends of advocates.Believe on precedure and law.

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     17 December 2011

Mr Ganesh 

All discussions mentioned above are correct but would you PLEASE  let me know that have you obtained receipt for the fee paid to the advocate.To my knowledge normally receipts are not issued to the clients.

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     17 December 2011

Mr Ganesh 

All discussions mentioned above are correct but would you PLEASE  let me know that have you obtained receipt for the fee paid to the advocate.To my knowledge normally receipts are not issued to the clients.

Aishwarya (Teacher)     19 December 2011

best is to change ur lawyer asap.this time hire a good one...and forget the whole issue..lawyers cannot be punished ..its a long way if ine tries to even so.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register