Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indu (g)     16 April 2012

How to make changes in birth certificate in gurgaon,india?

Dear All,

Initially I have given my husband's first name as surname to my son's name in Birth Certificate. But later on I realized that he should have same surname as my husband has. MCD has said that there is no provision to amend birth Certificate I really need help to know if there is some way to amend it..  Please advice. Thank you.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     16 April 2012

either you can apply in gazzate for change in name and as per notification your sons birth certificate along with gazatte copy can be given and name will be considered as changes you required.

or

you approach local advocate and file an application in court for necesssary amendments.

according to me it is best to apply in gazatte.

Indu (g)     16 April 2012

Thanks for the qucik Reply!

So does it mean that

1) there is no option to get changes in name on certificate itsefl? Right???

2) Could you please explain in details about- apply in gazatte?

3) As per your above advice, if we go though it, would we require to always attach it with Birth certificate at all required places?

Thanks again for your time.

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     16 April 2012

Well it goes like this

1) there is no option to get changes in name on certificate itslef - correct except you file a suit in civil court - but it may not be possible in your case. 

2) Could you please explain in details about- apply in gazatte - appoach any local advocate for application format and getting it thourgh your regional gazatte office.

3) As per your above advice, if we go though it, would we require to always attach it with Birth certificate at all required places - yes (you can get four or more copies at once then submit true copy at all places where required.

Regards

1 Like

Indu (g)     17 April 2012

Hi,

Again few popped up questions!

IN case if we don't chnage his name (which is first name+Father's first name) and go ahead like it, then in future will it create some identity problme for my son as he would not have father's surname on birth certifaicte.

I am really confused about how to do it,,,whether to go ahead like this or adding surname to his birth certificate(by appying in Gazette as name can't be chnaged on birth certificate).

I just want to make it simple so that my son doesn't face any problme in future. No body knows that we are there are not but he should not face any difficulty ..

Opions are invited.. Thank you for your time!

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     17 April 2012

Please note following details of publisher you can contact there for applying the same in gazatte.

RAMA PUBLISHERS & DISTRIBUTORS

AUTHORISED AGENTS GAZETTE OF INDIA 
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA PUBLICATIONS

3366, Mori Gate, P.O. Box 1134, Delhi - 110 006
Tel : 011-23942004
Fax : 011-23986793
Email : subscripttion@gazetteofindia.org

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register