LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aishwarya (Teacher)     09 November 2011

Can ideas be patented

Can any business idea before its execution be patented and if so then where can it be done ?

Learning

16 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 November 2011

Eureka you mean: let the ideas from your brain be transfered to a physical world to be marketable and to be protected from copycat. Remember Alexander Fleming who discovered Penicillin. If you are really convienced of your ideas on your brain just visit a patent office if it can be marketable.

I have an idea which i want to translate into a business...I plan to start a services company which will provide service to a certain sector..and it could be very easy for other's to copy since it is simple...
Can I protect this idea so that no one can start a similar business...?

And i dont want to market the idea but want to start a business with that idea..

Srinivas (Student)     13 November 2011

Yor questions are too abstract for me to understand ... May be give some more info so that some expect can help. (I ain't expert) 

BTW Business/ service Ideas can be protected just beyond patents 

(Guest)

Ideas can't be patented:[Link below]

https://tenonline.org/art/9010.html

Aishwarya (Teacher)     14 November 2011

So , there's no way we can keep a business idea as ours..ohh thts sad..thnx anyhow

(Guest)

Ideas can be patented if you first use the idea to create something new and then patent it and do business.

1 Like

(Guest)

Ideas can be patented. Just expand the idea to about 20-30 pages or if possible more and register and upload online at:

https://copyright.gov

You'll get hardcopy of evertying after the office follows its routine procedure as per Berne Convention and US copyright laws. Don't bother about other countries except Germany.

Study the site, FAQ and everything there and pay the fee , you'll get a receipt. In case of difficulty get back to me.

1 Like

(Guest)

If your isea is an invention covered under Patents law visit:

https://www.uspto.gov/patents/process/index.jsp

(Guest)

Ideas can be patented if you give the blueprints [even if first rough drafts] online on site mentioned above.

(Guest)

Proces of making blue prints:[Msg me in case of problems-Use a drawing bord instead of machines if the workload is not heavy]

" Understand how blueline machines work.

• The basic difference in a "blueline machine" from a "large format copy machine" is that blueline machines will only make a copy of a reproducible document, such as vellum (sometimes known a "trans-bond" or any material that will allow light to pass through it). This is not the only difference, but it's the most notable difference between the two types of machines.
  • Blueline machines all rely on the ability to pass light through the document that you want to copy, therefore the document you are making a copy of must have enough transparency for light to pass through it. Although this can be considered a "negative" for blueline machines, blueline machines make BLUE prints, not the black and white copies one would get with a large format copier.
  • Blueline prints are very impressive, since they are blue and show off your work nicely. Many old-timers and small architectural shops don't like to use the large format copiers since they only do black and white. Yet, many shops have both machines, a blueline, and a large format copier and use either depending on the desired results.
  • Blueline machines use a diazo process and diazo paper that comes wrapped in a thick black plastic bag sealed to keep the light from exposing the paper. Most diazo paper is yellow in color when it comes out of the sealed bag, then turns blue when it has been run through a blueline machine. The process that works to expose the paper is done with black lights and ammonia.

Understand the process of making copies of your documents. Once you have your original documents ready to copy, plenty of diazo fresh unexposed paper on hand, and your diazo machine ready to go, you can begin to make your blueprints:

• Remember, your originals must be of some type of transparent medium, such as vellum, or trans-bond.
  • Start with one original drawing and hold it up, and then place one sheet of diazo paper on top of it and match all edges, so that the two sheets appear as one.
  • Start feeding these two sheets into the machine into the lower roller section; the two will become exposed to ammonia and a black light and they will both come back out of the machine as the machine's powered rollers slowly take the paper in and back out of the machine itself.

"

1 Like

Aishwarya (Teacher)     18 November 2011

thnku for the reply..its really useful to me

Aishwarya (Teacher)     21 November 2011

thnx for ur valuable advice..

Neil (Neil Shannon)     22 November 2011

Originally posted by :Curiousty Kill the Cat
"
Ideas can't be patented:[Link below]

https://tenonline.org/art/9010.html
"

REMOVE HER PHOTO INSTANTLY. THE SITE HAS NO BUSINESS TO INDULDE IN PHOTO/ID THEFT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register