LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guest (advocate)     06 August 2008

RTI Act

Hi dear friends. I am in search of some cases laws on Right to Information Act, its very urgent for me. Please any body suggest some cases laws in the matter.

Thanking you a lot.

Learning

16 Replies

Manish Singh (Advocate)     06 August 2008

what is the subject matter?

guest (advocate)     06 August 2008

Hi Mr.Manish.

First of all i thank u for your respond in this regard.

The IRDA has imposed sum penality over one insurance company for its poor business in doing business on social sector (which is a mandatory). And the insurance company has paid that penalty also, the matter was also published in IRDA Annual Journal also, which is a public documentary. Now, a person has approached the IRDA u/RTI Act, requesting the penalty order copy. Then, the IRDA has issued a notice to our client-Insurance Company seeking their response within 10 days. Now, we have to object the same, so can u suggest some guidelines/citations/suggestions in this regard.

Thanking you. 

Manish Singh (Advocate)     07 August 2008

Dear Mr. Guest,

Still I have some doubts in mind like waht response IRDA is askinf for from the said insurance company. is is it about providing the penalty order by you to the info seeker?

If this is the case then, do not worry. If you are not a government company or you dont get any substanial funding from govt, you are not covered under the RTI act, so you better show them section 2(h) of the said act.

nirav (Private)     11 August 2008

Even if their Client-Company is not Govt funded the IRDA is a Govt Body andfalls under RTI. So it hasto diclose the company's name.

nirav (Private)     11 August 2008

Even if their Client-Company is not Govt funded the IRDA is a Govt Body andfalls under RTI. The information which is sought is at the sole discretion of  IRDA. So it hasto diclose the company's name. So u better think no differnt lines.

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     25 August 2008

THIS IS A CASE OF THIRD PARTY INFO UNDER RTI ACT. ANY PUBLIC AUTHORITY IS BOUND TO HEAR THE THIRD PARTY, WHOSE INFO IS SOUGHT FROM THE AUTHORITY BY A CITIZEN. THE AGGRIEVED PARTY SHOULD FILE ITS SAY IN 10 DAYS AS TO  WHY INFO SHOULD NOT BE DISCLOSED TO THE APPLICANT. THE PIO WILL CONSIDER THE SAY AND TAKE A DECISION WHETHER TO GIVE OR NOT GIVE THE INFO. PL REFER SECTION 11 OF RTI ACT. 

TVD Rajkumar (Advocate)     09 December 2008

Hi dear friends. I am in search of some cases laws on Right to Information Act, its very urgent for me. Please any body suggest some cases laws in the matter.

Go to this site https://cic.gov.in/ You will find all decisions you need.

anshu shekhar (service)     10 December 2008

hi dear!

if u need then give me i hav list of variopus cases of R.T.I. with details i will send u.if u need call me 09927633858.

anshu shekhar (service)     10 December 2008

give me ur email id i will sent u case list with details.or call me on 09927633858

nirav (Private)     11 December 2008

Do you want cases in which you can procure Information for a party or du you want decisions on RTI act. I have a case in had wherein I want to seek information from RBI. In case you are interested to do that for me please write to nirav@voiceindia.co.in

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     15 February 2009

RTI Act is a joke. Have you not heard about a person locked up in Orissa jail because he dared ask some information under  this Act? Another person in Delhi getting threat calls. What are you talking about?

ritu bhadana (advocate)     02 April 2009

gud info available here

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     03 April 2009

U may refer my file on RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTY UNDER RTI ACT on this website and also at my blog www.jps50.blogspot.com

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     03 April 2009

U CAN REFER TO TWO JUDGEMENTS ON THIRD PARTY BY HIGH COURT OF GUJARAT MENTIONED IN MY ABOVE POSTING. ONE IS OF RELIANCE IND AND OTHER OF HIGH COURT ITSELF.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register