Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moiz Sharaf (Design Engineer)     03 September 2018

Query regarding change of fathers name in documents

Hi All,

Father's Name in all my legal document is different, now due to this issue, i am facing trouble getting visa to other countries, can you help me on how to correct my Fathers name in all required legal documents.

Fathers Name in my documents.

Birth Certificate : Satish Amarbhai Sharaf
Passport : Seteesh Aamarbhai Sharaf
Marriage Certificate : Satish

Father Name in Father's Document
Passport : Sateeshbhai Aamarbhai Sharaf
Aadhar : Satishbhai Amarbhai Sharaf

Due to this mismatch Countries are rejecting my visa. Also i was born in Chennai so my birth certificate is from chennai and other documents were created in Gujarat, as we shifted to Gujarat from Chennai a few years back. Please provide me a start point from where to start changing the name of father in document so that i get the name changed in all documents.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Aditya (Litigator GROSON ADVISORS)     03 September 2018

Dear Concerned,

get an affidavit executed by your father on a stamp paper.  post an ad in two newspapers stating that the names, ......., ......, ......, ......, ...... pertain to the same person, ..... and the same is stated in affidavit, stamp no. ...... thereafter, apply for publication in govt. gazette of the said declaration. 

Use the notarized photocopy of the gazette publication thereafter with the documents. It should help.

Regards,

GROSON ADVISORS

Legaladvice@grosonadvisors.com

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 September 2018

Your father may relate name as in basic docs e.g; birth certificate, school record and proceed to correct the variances.

The affidavit may be accepted or name change in gazette may be done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register