LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Query police bail.

Lovely filed 498a,went to station with one local mediator who knows IO well,IO said I will give u bail,we given two shorities and some amount,out on bail.FIR is registered and submitted in court.How to confirm we got bail? Due to our mediator we got bail.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : hemescool
Lovely filed 498a,went to station with one local mediator who knows IO well,IO said I will give u bail,we given two shorities and some amount,out on bail.FIR is registered and submitted in court.How to confirm we got bail? Due to our mediator we got bail.

The fact that you are writing this from your home itself says that you got bail !!!

KS Johal   23 September 2015

I totally agree with Gyan. You must also remember that you have been given bail which will have conditions attached to it. You can either write to the court to find out what these conditions are or you can visit the police station that gave you bail to find out regarding the conditions.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 September 2015

Now section 41A crpc has been amended and the police have no power to grant any bail,the accused has to be produced before a magistrate.

(Guest)
Thanks all for ur reply

harrassed   26 September 2015

Hello hemescool,

The bail what you have got currently is called station bail. This is valid till the case reaches to the court (once the chargesheet is filed by the police station to local jurisdiction court.) Once it reaches the court you may need to take a regular bail by showing some surities or with security deposit.

Good luck!!!

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     27 September 2015

If the police has really given bail, then the offence is bailable offence.  Once you appear before the court with bail application in bailable offence, the magistrate has got no option except to give bail.  If it is non-bailable offence, then also you have to move bail application and it is magistrate's discretion based on the complaint to give bail or not to give it.  Do not worry, you will get bail.  Engage advocate and he will do the rest of things.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register