LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMITAVA BANERJEE   04 December 2019

Query pertaining to housing cooperative rules

I am a member and flat owner of a cooperative housing society in Kolkata. Will you please clarify whether as a member of the housing cooperative do I have the right to ask for a copy of the By-laws of the coop.society,for my own use as a member ? if yes,then under which specific section or item of the cooperative Act or Rule . Rgds, Amitava Banerjere, Kolkata.

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 December 2019

Yes. Every member has a right to seek a copy of the Bye-laws of the society.  A simple notice to the Secretary/president demanding for such copy or making an RTI application to the Registrar, societies is sufficient to get.  A member is part and parcel of the society and a sharer.  Members need not state such a clause while seeking information. Member can also file RTI application to the Registrar of societies and can seek simple information.  The society should also keep such bye-laws copy in the office and that should be made available for every member.   Member is having the right to inspect the books and registers.

Information solicited::

1. Please provide me the rights and responsibilities of a member of housing society.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register