Share on Email

Share More

bharat prad (manager)     26 December 2011

Purchase of agriculture land

hello all,

greetings,

I am planning to buy agriculture land in maharashtra;

My Queries are:

1. My ancesters are not into agriculture, and in this case can i buy agriculture land in maharashtra in my name    for agriculture purpose.

2. i have learnd that if i buy some land in madya pardesh or andra pradesh then on basis of 7/12 extract of that land i can buy land in maharashtra.

as i have never purchased any land before i wud appreciate if you ppl help me and guide me to the best way to purchase land legally.

help pls

thanx

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 December 2011

To purchase the agrl., you will have to take permission from the Asst., Commissioner.

sandeep gangwar (AUDITOR)     26 December 2011

Agriculture land and operations in Maharashtra are regulated by three pieces of legislation viz. 1)The Bombay Tenancy and Agriculture Lands Act, 1948 .2) The Maharashtra Land Revenue Code ,1966 & 3) The MaharashtraAgricultural lands (Ceiling on Holdings) Act, 1961. The legal terminology used in these legislations are briefly summarised here below for clearer understanding of the working and dealing later on.

The term “ Agriculture” carries the usual and popular meaning and includes horticulture too. Agriculture , thus , encompasses the raising of crops and grass and fruits and flowers, but it does not include allied pursuits like diary ,poultry , grazing , livestock-breeding and wood-cutting . However, the use of the land for the grazing of one’s own agricultural cattle abovestated definition should be applied to determine whether an activity or pursuit is Agricultural or otherwise.

The term “ land Revenue” means all sums or payments in money , received or legally climbable by or on behalf of the state Government from any person on account of any land or interest therein . The land revenue includescess , rate, premium, rent , lease-money ,quit rent , Judi or other fees and charges declared under any rule ,act, contract or scheme. Correspondingly, Non Agricultural Assessment Tax means the assessment tax fixed on any land put to use for a non-agricultural purpose.

Points to be considered, permissions to be obtained and documents to be prepared .
1) 7/12 Extract: This the basic document of title and recording a record of rights herein the A-land survey no . with Hissa No., Ghat No., measurement of A. Land area , name of the owner/ hold/tenant along with the types of the crop taken. It is available from the Talathin of the village . A. model 7/12 extract is given alongside.
2) 6 & 6/12 extracts: 6/12 extract denote s various mutation entries pertaining to different types of rights attached to or created or transferred to the legal heirs or other person in respect of particular land. It records how the A-Land has changed hands and what other rights are created on it. It is read in conjunction with the 7/12 extract.
3) 8/A extract : This is in the form of a booklet containing therein the details of Payments of Land Revenue tax, types of crop taken , owner’s name , etc. Together with 7/12 & 6/12 extract, 8/A extract gives a full view of the title.
4) Land Revenue Tax Receipts : They are issued to the agriculturists by the Talathin/ Tehsildar upon payment of Land-Revenue Tax and other cases if any.
5) Part – Village-Map & Block Plan:- This is to be obtained to locate , identify and tally the location of the A-Land vis- a-vis the Physical location of the A-Land.
6) Size, shape & dimensions of the plot:- There are to be noted with a particular view to determine and verify the access to the A-Land, existing or proposed . It should be tallied by an actual survey of the A-Land.
7) Access road & Internal roads :-There are to be confirmed by inquires with the neighbours, revenue officers and the right of way for a particular piece of A-Land.
8) Underground water search:- This can be carried out be a scientist or a water -diner and fix the point where to dig a well or a bore well for water supply.
9) Rainfall & Temperatures:- These should be noted under .These should be noted and understood with reference to the proposed crops to be taken. Areas of hazardous climatic conditions should be avoided .
10) Soil testing- This is very important in order to plan out the crop- pattern to be undertaken suitable to the qualities of the A- lands. This is done by government Agencies as well as private laboratories.
11) Reservations or Acquisitions , if any:- Road and other public purposes by P.W.D. , zilla panchayata ,dam, water ,projects , canals, forest, industrial zone. Etc. to be inquired with different concerned authorities viz. BMRDA, corporation , panchayata, states government .
12) Agricultural land ceiling :- categories of lands and respective limits to be ascertained and related. NOC to be obtained from the competent authority. The sale is always subject to and should confirm to the agricultural land ceiling act of the state Government .
13) Original title deeds:- These should be thoroughly checked by the competent legal advisor to determine the clear and marketable title of the A- Land.
14) Legal search report & public notice:- These are to be taken out to further investigate the title of the A-land under sale by an Advocate.
15) Encumbrances , if any:- Bank or private party mortgagee, charge, lien, etc. to be ascertained and should be settled before the deal is finalised or the document is registered.
16) Litigation at revenue courts, collector, mamlatdar, civil court or High court :-All the related paper should be studied to know the effect of these litigations on the title of the A-land under sale.
17) Demarcation and survey and boundary :- DILR and circle inspector are the authorities to conduct an official survey of the A-land by proper demarcation.
18) Disputes of boundary , if any:- These are essential to be sorted out and fix the Demarcation lines to know the exact boundaries form all sides.
19) Claims of outsiders, if any :- Any karja/boja on A-land by the Agriculturist should be settled first before the conveyance of the A-land.
20) Family disputes, if any:- There are to be know first and in advance to settle every concerned person’s individual and jointrights and interests before the payment is parted with .
21) Sale -permissions , if required :- This should be obtained prior to the completion of the sale of A-land. Other wise the sale may be declared null and void.
22) A-land belonging to cultivators:-This is also not saleable A-land . The collector or Revenue Tribunal doesn’t grant sale permissions to the cultivator to sell his land to anyone, usually. Therefore, A-land with Kul-holding u/s 32G should not be bought.
23) A-land belonging to Adiviasi:- These should never be bought by a non-Adiviasi can only sell to another Adiviasi.
24) Inami land :- Old conditions and new conditions are attached to such A-land and hence normally it is not advisable to buy such Inami land.
25) N.M. Permissions, if necessary:- For a bungalow or a farm house, Farm-house rules are made out and accordingly , the permission should be obtained .
26) An Agricultural only can buy an Agricultural land:- This is of paramount importance and hence only a farmer can acquire the A-land . A non farmer is not eligible to buy A-land without prior permission of the collector.
27) Valuation report of A-land:- This should be obtained from the registered valuer and the agreement should be made keeping in view this report or there about .
28) Agreement to sell:- This should be drafted, executed and registered by a competent Advocate putting there in all relevant terms and conditions .
29) Power of Attorney :- This should be obtained form the Vendors to the Buyers for necessary follow up at various revenue offices and other persons.
30) Indemnity Bond:- This is required in case , a certain condition is to be specifically fulfilled by the vendor in favour of the Buyer. A declaration -cum-Indemnity Bond should also be taken from the vendors , where necessary .
31) Deed of conveyance:- This is to be , finally , executed duly stamp -duty paid.
32) Registration of deed:- This conveyance must be duly registered with the registrar of assurances for the legal effect.
33) New 7/12 extract shall , then , reflect the name of the new-owner, i.e. the buye

bharat prad (manager)     26 December 2011

thanx for reply,

but cud u pls let me no which assnt commisioners permission is required as i am confused.

Ravi G (Application manager)     27 December 2011

Hi !

This is Ravi from Pune .

I am coming from a nonfarmer background and wish to do an agricultural activity in Maharashtra .

What are the legalities involved ?  Hear that , in Maharashtra , only a person with agri background is allowed to purchase an agri land , with my background , what are the possibilities / options left for me ?

Ravi.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register