Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjayaroutray (Business Development Manager)     21 May 2010

Purchase of Property

Dear Members,

Greetings !!!!!

I am going to repuchase a Housing Board House which has been already issued in the name of Father & son as together by the housing board. Now the father is already passed away and the sun is going to sale the house to me. So is there any problem to purchase that house as the housing board has already given a NOC letter for that house. Is it possible in near future the other childrens of that father can also claim for the property. For Example As the property in the name of Mr.Dashrath & Ram, I purchased the house from Ram as Mr.Dashrath was passed away, & latter is there any possibility that Mr.Laxman & Bharat can claim for that property as they are also the child of Mr.Dashrath. Please reply me ASAP.

Regards

Sanjay Routray

Learning

4 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     22 May 2010

Yes.

unique horn (self)     22 May 2010

Yes they can, but only there share in that house.

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     24 May 2010

Yes surely they can. If Mr. Dashrath has died intestate then every son/daughter shall get equal share in the 1/2 share of Mr. Dashrath, 1/2 share of Mr. Ram is undisputed, Mr. Ram can sell his 1/2 sahre and 1/4 share in the share of Mr. Dashrath i.e. 1/8 of total share means Mr. Ram is owner of 1/2 + 1/8 share in that flat at present, if Mr. dashrath has died intestate.

But if Mr. Dashrath had execute a Will in favour of any person then that person shall be the owner of the 1/2 share of Mr. Dashrath and only the beneficiary of Will has right to sell the 1/2 share of Mr. Dashrath.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     26 May 2010

What would you do if you were either Laxman or Bharat?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register