LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aparajita   29 October 2018

Punishment for killing stray dog?

I want to know with as much certainty as possible, what action can be taken against someone who kills a street dog in India. Yesterday, a man drove over a sleeping street dog while parking. He claims he did it "accidentally" but then that's what they all say. Even though we have filed a complaint (despite police harassment and pressure tactics) - I am not sure what action can actually be taken. I know that IPC 428/429 deals with this, but what to do if the man claims he did it "accidentally"? Can an FIR still be lodged?

Learning

2 Replies

Vinit Nair   29 October 2018

ipc 428/429 and it will also be a violation of Article 51A(g) of Constitution of India.

Martin S.   29 October 2018

Originally posted by : Aparajita
I want to know with as much certainty as possible, what action can be taken against someone who kills a street dog in India. Yesterday, a man drove over a sleeping street dog while parking. He claims he did it "accidentally" but then that's what they all say. Even though we have filed a complaint (despite police harassment and pressure tactics) - I am not sure what action can actually be taken. I know that IPC 428/429 deals with this, but what to do if the man claims he did it "accidentally"? Can an FIR still be lodged?

Fir cant be lodged.  Complaint can be given. Based on which investigation will be conducted by police dogs.  Then mahajar should be done.  Report will be filed by IO.  Reported will be inspected by station in charge and then if what your are stating in your complaint is true and if the police want to take action they will decide if FIR need to be registered or not.

You appear to be young girl, why don’t you write a letter to magistrate of your district regarding this, he will be able to help you and punish the dog killer.

If you don’t want to contact magistrate directly contact some advocate locally who will make you roam like a dog to his office for next 6 years, fight the case for you, and get you justice? Is it not?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register