LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sneha   05 December 2016

Public notice for service termination without following service regulations

I am an officer of Govt. Autonomous Body. Vindictively, authority has terminated my probationary service with immediate effect,WHEN I WAS ON MEDICAL LEAVE, by paying me one month salary and showing "poor Performance" as reason. When it was un-served to me, authority published public notice with two allegations, which directly hurts my character and integrity. But our service regulation for probation says two independent rules (1)"The Commission may extend the period of probation for a maximum period of one year in one or more installments if in the opinion of the Commission on the performance of the probationer has not been found up to its satisfaction" (2) "The commission may dispense with the services of a probationer after giving him/her a month's notice and the probationer shall not be entitled to any compensation for the termination" I have done WP(C) in high court. What is my prospect of winning the case? Please suggest/ comment on this.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 December 2016

Share full facts of the matter e.g;

Why notice was  unserved on you, what allelagtion are levelled in public notice, Do you have details and record of perfromance ................etc etc?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 December 2016

The query has been discussed in many thread:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Termination-of-service-during-probation-period-141009.asp

Service termination during probation period Others 01 November 2016

Termination Civil Law 01 September 2016 Termination Civil Law 01 September 2016 Service termination during 1 year probation period Civil Law 01 September 2016 Termination Civil Law 19 August 2016

Termination of service during probation period Civil Law 18 August 2016

Termination of service during probation period

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     06 December 2016

This is violation of natural justice and as per the service regulation you have the chance to wining.

Jyotirmaya Prasad behera

Advocate, Orissa high court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register