LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Prosecution case cannot be disbelieved only because there is

Prosecution case cannot be disbelieved only because there is discrepancy in the inquest report, F.I.R. and postmortem report.

The First Information Report, the Inquest Report and Postmortem Report are not the substantive pieces of evidence and variance in those documents without causing prejudice to accused is always not fatal to the prosecution. The F.I.R. is an earliest version of a cognizable offence given to police by the informant which puts the law in motion. It is not necessary that after recording of Fardbeyan no investigation can proceed without registering a formal F.I.R. The F.I.R. is for the purpose of corroborating or contradicting the informant in court. In a case of murder preparation of inquest report is part of investigation. The very purpose of preparing inquest report is to record the apparent cause of the death of deceased, the visible injuries, the place and circumstances in which the dead body is noticed by a police officer, the wearing apparel of the deceased and other formal 16
informations disclosing cause of the death of the deceased. The inquest report is prepared by a police officer who took the charge of investigation or accompany the Investigating Officer and he is not a ballistic or medical expert to give his opinion regarding weapon used or nature of injuries causing death of the deceased. Therefore inquest report could be said a formal document which is being prepar

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register