property transfer/registration

Dear sir

My close relative, settled in Chennai , has expired recently. We have few  property related queries as mentioned under. Kindly give your expert advise

  1.  He had long back purchased a flat in Chennai  and registered the same on his mother’s name 20yrs before. They have  plans  to gift transfer it from mother to  his daughter’s name but couldn’t  do it  before his death due to  deteriorated  health conditions. His mother aged  80yrs, now residing with the  other son in different state (Telangana),  is not in a position to move to Chennai.  Kindly suggest the possible options  for  completing the registration process without her physical appearance before sub-registrar office  in Chennai.
  2. He has also other properties  self acquired  in his name. His wife has obtained legal heir certificate in the name of all eligible (wife, children & mother). Although mother is not  in claim for the property share, she also not make any effort to  transfer her rights either.  Kindly suggest the possible  implications if mother legally do not give up / transfer her share during her life time.

Kindly advise, Thank you



(1) Ask her. to give Power of Attorney to her nearest one.
(2) Mother can insist upon her share by serving notice to deceased wife

Thank you for your reply Is it possible Gift registration through Power of attorney? Kindly clarify Regards



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu