property occupied in pagadi chawl system


         My Client has a property (Chawl) and the chawl has given on rent to a lady for that leave & license agreement along with police verification has been done. The Chawl is covered under pagadi system. Now the issue faced by my client is lady is not ready to pay the rent and neither leaves the property as well. She has illegally occuipied the property and my client has also asked for help to police for resolve the same issues but police is not ready to file the complaint or look into the case. The Legal ownership and rights of the property is being with my client.

      The query is :

1. How can the client occupy his property (Chawl)?

2. Is there any way to sue the lady and recoverd the rent amount?

3. is there any chances that property can be recovered or not if the case has been filed in court?


Kindly Suggest.

 Thank You.


If she doesn't pay rent file suit for recovery of arrearsof rent in civil court.&also eviction suit to evict her from that premises.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu