LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hardij (Champu)     07 February 2015

Property disupute between two brothers

We are two sons and a daugher of my parents. Before 18 years ago my elder brother want to seperate from us and my father and me have given him cash of 2 lacs and help him to set up his shop (Ofcourse no legal procedure is made as we were sure nothing gonna happen between brothers)

I was living peacefully with my parents in this house which was on the name of my father. But just 2 months ago my brother is claiming his part in this house which was maintained and run by me for 18 years and he filed a police case and my father gave reply in favour of me and said to police that I am supporting him for 18 years and part is already given to my brother.

Still my brother is giving us legal notice. Property was on my father's name. Now due to this problem my fahter have given me permission to transfer house to my name and i have got the legal document with my father's permission on my name now legal papers on my name.

Still my brother can claim his share?

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     07 February 2015

though your father and your self given some amount to your elder brother, it is not on paper.  all the legal heirs of your father have equal rights over the property.  So it is better to divide the properties giving meager shares to others and a major share be given to you.

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     08 February 2015

if the property is self acquired property of your father, if your father still alive,  your brother cannot get any share now,  because your father can do any thing in respect of the property (WILL, Settlement, Sale etc) after life time of your father only succession will commence 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register