LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahadevi   15 March 2020

Property dispute

I am a HINDU family daughter with following grievances.

Father along with his two elder brothers had partitioned their ancestral agricultural land property in 1980. Father worked as teacher and with his salary savings (Not have much direct proof between salary savings and plot purchase deed) he purchased a plot in 1971. 

Is the agricultural land property gained after partition ancestral or self-acquired (per Hindu Succession Law 1956 or Else Laws)?

Can I (Daughter married before 1990 in Karnataka) claim that plot purchased in 1971 is purchased from income of agricultural land (which was in my living grandfather's name until 1980) by my Father and I want share in plot as-well-as agricultural land?

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 March 2020

The Hindu partition issues with daughters are complicated and only an advocate studying all these documents, mutations, knowledge etc. can only provide correct guidance, contact a local advocate.   There is a limitation period for every legal action and your silence since 1990 etc makes the issue complicated, as this was not self acquired by your father, but acquired through the partition.of ancestral property prior to 2005.

mahadevi   16 March 2020

Respected Prasad Sir,

Please enlighten me on last paragraph with reference to time logic

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register