LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Vishwakarma (Asst. HR Manager)     07 January 2020

Property dispute

The property (Home and farming land) which is named to My father and Uncle is completely taken over by my Uncle and he is farming on those land and living in house. 

My father along with my grandmother and my family is living in the house named to my Grandmother. In 2014 my father and uncle had discussed that they will keep the home (in which my family living with grandmother) and home (my uncle living) respectively. 

After that we have built the home since it was not built properly. There were huge expense occurred to build this home. 

From 2015 (After the death of my uncle), my cousins have started issues and now they want a part in the home we are living. So we have asked them to divide the property which is on my father name as well first then we can devide both homes. They are not agree to it and also they are not allowing us to access the farming land (which is named to my father as well). 

My Grandmother is quite old and we think they will create problem to divide the home in which we are living in case my Grandmother in no more. Since we have invested a lot of money to build this house so we don't want to give them any part in his house. This house is very small and total area is of 15ft widdth and 28 ft length. Due to small area we have built two floors so can accommodate my family in it. As decided between my father and uncle that both will keep their respective homes.

Now we have only access to the home. About farming land they are not allowing us to do farming from 2015. I had discussed it with some people they suggested to get my home registered to me or my father after my Grandmother's agreement or ask my grandmother to gift the home to me. So that they can't claim it. Once it is done I shall take legal action to divide the farming land. 

Please suggest the best way forward. 

Thanks in advance for helping me. 

Learning

2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     08 January 2020

Dear sir,

You can file civil suit against your cousins to partition the property.

Regards,

Sachin Vishwakarma (Asst. HR Manager)     09 January 2020

Thank you so mcuh for the response. Is there any minimum time limit in which the case will be closed by court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register