LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   25 September 2018

Property Mother Name

I purchased a land for which i paid all the money, i did an agreement with the seller(i have original agreement) also all money is paid by cheque from my account. during registration of property i had some urgent work so i could not register in my name, instead i asked my mother to register in her name (I have the original sale deed). I has been 7 years now. However my mother also has another self occupied house which she has given my 2 bothers, with out giving me any share in the house. I wanted to sell the land, now my mother is refusing to give my land back, my brothers are keen to take it from her. My question is if she makes a will for this land to my brothers can i claim for the land from my brothers or if in case i take this land from my mother by negotiation can my brothers or their children claim from me in the future by saying mothers property. Also can I claim for her house which she has already given to my brothers. My mother is a Muslim and my father is a Hindu, she has not converted to Hindu, is there any relevance to Hindu Succesion Act

Learning

2 Replies

I purchased a land for which i paid all the money, i did an agreement with the seller(i have original agreement) also all money is paid by cheque from my account. during registration of property i had some urgent work so i could not register in my name, instead i asked my mother to register in her name (I have the original sale deed). I has been 7 years now. However my mother also has another self occupied house which she has given my 2 bothers, with out giving me any share in the house. I wanted to sell the land, now my mother is refusing to give my land back, my brothers are keen to take it from her. My question is if she makes a will for this land to my brothers can i claim for the land from my brothers or if in case i take this land from my mother by negotiation can my brothers or their children claim from me in the future by saying mothers property. Also can I claim for her house which she has already given to my brothers. My mother is a Muslim and my father is a Hindu, she has not converted to Hindu, is there any relevance to Hindu Succesion Act

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register