LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atso Pucho   13 December 2019

Property Fraud

I bought a plot of land with a 3 room building on 2nd may 2019, sale deed is done and land ownership certificate and and land certificate is done with the colony chairman, now 2 party are claiming over my land saying the seller of my property had mortgaged my property to them before i bought the property, What would be the smartest thing to do, also i dont want to file suit because i read somewhere that property disputes takes time for hearing in court because of pending cases, around 10-20 years. What would be the smartest thing for me to do, Please advise.

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 December 2019

Before you proceed to buy a property, it is minimum responsibility of the buyer to check the mother and other link documents and EC.  However you immediately consult a local lawyer having knowledge in property matters for guidance.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 December 2019

If you are in possession of the property, be happy and do not worry.  Because the property was mortgaged he can not occupy the property in your possession as though it was a stolen pen in your pocket.  Let the lender file a suit for recovery against the borrower and get such directions from court.  All this if you are in no way related to the seller and when the transaction is fair and clean.  If you are an innocent buyer and occupying the property, let lender use the process of court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register