LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yatindra (Lawyer)     02 January 2011

Promotion of Law Firm

Dear Member I like to ask whether a law firm can promote it name in amy way as ia ahve hear now they can do so. Can any one tell me if i am right or wrong

thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Davinder Khurana Ferozpur(Punj (advocate)     02 January 2011

Dear Sir,

It is not so on the other hand i heard the Mr Subramaniam Chairman has thinking to stop the phenomenon of indirect advertisement by regular websites of law firms .

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     02 January 2011

Now please tell me which profession or business or even services do not fall within the ambit of Advertisement concept. Why such unnecessary restrictions imposed on legal profession at a time lakhs of cases are pending at the various Courts.  In fact, to tackle pendency Government should not hesitate to even outsource the functions of judiciary or Judicial Administration System.  How many law graduates in this country have taken up Advocate as career in this country?

Sunlawseeker (lawaspirant)     11 January 2011

Yes. I agree with Mr.Parthasarathi Loganathan, How the client come to know that an advocate is practicing in a field which he wants?

The Advocate Act enacted 50 years back.  But, now-a-days, lots of communication developments taken place.

Earning through Advocate profession is being taxed as other businesses. But, Advertisement is prohibited unlike other business of profession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register