LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandrakant M Solanki (Owner)     12 October 2010

Procedure to Criteria for obtaining VAT No

At first I would like to brief the question.

Mine is a small company trading in Plastic finished good. I intend to apply for VAT & CST no. Can you please let me know the procedure and the Criteria for the same. I am located in Mumbai.

I have heard that there is some minimum turn over required to apply for  these numbers.

Learning

2 Replies

Asha Pole (Legal)     12 October 2010

If your turnover fall below statutory exemption limit, you need not apply for service tax registration. Incase of service tax, if the turnover is above 10 lakhs, you will have to apply for registration and it's only you may charged service tax on your invoice. For service tax registration kindly visit this site ---www.servicetax.gov.in

Similarly incase of Vat, the gross turnover of the company exceeds 500000/-, you will have to mandatorily apply for Vat no. The registration process is clearly mentioned on the given site www.mahavat.gov.in

Shayan Khan (B.com)     17 October 2010

A dealer is liable to get registered himself for MVAT if - 

In case of Other dealers:

His value of turnover exceeds Rs. 500000

or 

value of taxable sales / purchase is Rs. 10000 or more

*In case of importer:

His value of turnover exceeds Rs. 100000

or 

value of taxable sale / purchase is Rs. 10000 or more.

Note: if a dealer does not fulfill these conditions then he may also apply for the voluntary registration under the Act.

*importer under MVAT Act means a person who procures the goods from outside india as well as outside the state of maharashtra.

You are lot liable to apply for service tax registration because you are not providing any taxable service u/s 65(105)

Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register